Living life through the viewfinder...some regrets

i realized this this summer. went to my friends' beach house for the fourth and forgot my camera at home. it's so nice to just sit back and enjoy what's going on around with without a camera.

sometimes you need to put your camera down and just live.

I go for long periods (months at a time) without doing any photography, then start up again when the mood strikes me.

I feel the same way.... but two things I did make it easier..

Put yourself and family ahead.... spent time with them and keep the camera in the bag. Don't allow the heavy equipment stop you from enjoying life. In my case dump the heavyb slr and find a camera that fits me.... not the other way around

Two... DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE SNAPSHOTS..... then enjoy and cherish them. Snapshot, put away and enjoy the moment.

I gave up photos for a short time but I wasn't happy either... find a happy compromise.

Phew - thought I was the only one with this "problem" - ;)

Seriously though, couldn't agree more, that sometimes being somewhere without a camera can be a very new and uplifting experience - on the other hand, something might happen in just that moment, the light might be just right, and you don't have the equipment on hand...arghh, happened to me several times.

So now - always have a small P&S with me, just in case (beats the heck out of a phone camera or so on) and generally have my DSLR somewhere within reach ;)

Agree with Idaho on that - you are what you are

Most reactions

Back