Living on top of the world

AlanA4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came across this house today as I was doing some house hunting for myself. This one is a little out of my price range I think

3226363193_18fd798eac_b.jpg

Please let me know what you guys think

I know there is too much sky in the picture but it was the only way it would work from the angle I had.

Thanks for checking it out
Alan-

I know there is too much sky in the picture
Don't listen to people who tell you this. Ansel Adams knew how to use sky. It can go a long way to evoking feelings of isolation, perspective, openess, etc. etc.

As for the photo, I'm sure you know its a bit too dark (histogram confirms this):

I chose this crop, even though it does cut out the wonderful mountain line, it I think flows a little better top to bottom, instead of the boxiness of the original.

thanks. Yeah I knew it was too dark when I saw it but I'm still on my first month of photography and I am still trying to learn how everything works by guessing and checking.

That edit came out awesome, i definitely need to invest in some software so I can tweak some of my pictures.

As for the sky, I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear that. I'm a huge sky fan and i always get ripped on when I have so much in my pics.

Frak what other people tell you. Its YOUR art. Not theirs. Anyone that tells you the "rules" on how to be creative is living in a sad boxed world (these are usually the people who flock to gimmicked photographers like Joey Lawrence Jill Greenberg or Dave Hill).

Most reactions

Back