Living Water

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Long exposure of a fountain outside an old catholic church in downtown Rochester, NY. Feedback is appreciated as always!

dsc26192tz4.jpg

Ever since you upgraded to the D300, the colours in your pictures have been amazing. You are a walking commercial for that camera!

I like it, but I think the church has a weird darking gradiant on it (i.e. it gets darker as you go up the steeple). Overall the comp is spot on and the lighting on the subject it great but I find that gradiant distracting.

No need to use the "saddie" (this one :( ), I think, for this photo makes me even more interested in getting myself a gradient ND filter at last, I find the effect they create very convincing, the sky AND the flower bed AND the light in the fountain all look properly exposed. At first I thought "HDR?", but now I see that a filter can "do the trick" as easily, and the photo looks more natural (yes, I see the gradient on the steeple, but don't mind it as much).

hey, I love that picture!

Care sharing camera setting and equipment used for it? I am intrigued.

hey, I love that picture!

Care sharing camera setting and equipment used for it? I am intrigued.

Yup, sigma 10-20 @ 14mmish, nikon D300, shot around dusk, 2 stop graduated ND laid over the sky, 2 second exposure at ISO 200, f/8ish, sorry I don't have the exact specs but you get the point :)

Thanks for the comments!

photoshop.

Take one picture with the filter on and then one without. Merge them manually in photoshop.

Thats my best guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back