loading film...

PiMpPiStOl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so, im use to having a digital cam, but i lost it at a concert. i stil lahte myself...but now, i found my moms pentax, which i showed on here, and i have no clue how to load the film...i got 34mm i think? it doesnt say on the box but i think 30 something. 35 maybe. but how do i load it?? my mom said she had trouble with it, and the pictures didnt come out...someone said cuz she prolly didnt load it right...can someone PLEASE tell me how???

depends on the camera, what kind is it? as in K1000 or MX or what...

t should be fairly clear how to do it.... you put the film in the left side, take the actual film and put it in the slot on the little wheel on the right side, then close the camera if its automatic. If not, you wind it foward 1-2 shots then close the back....

I assume you're talking about the K1000. Someone's helpfully scanned the K1000 manual... and here is how to load film.

By the way it's 35mm (35x24mm to be precise)... was fairly standard not that long ago, now I feel old :lol: anyway loading should be fairly simple, just a case of slotting the end of the film into the spool and winding it on a bit (pressing the shutter release to wind it on further). Don't worry about wasting a few shots to check it winds properly. However the problems your mom described may have been about exposure rather than film loading.

thanks! and what about the exposure? like, she prolly did it too long or too short?

one more thing, which side of the film is supposed to be facing out? the dark side or the light side??

The film cartridge can only go in one way, that would have the lighter side of the film facing the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back