Local band photos i took on Saturday 1/31/10

Ub3rdoRK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.walesimaging.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my first photo job shooting for a local band with my d90. I am lucky enough to have such an awesome dad to let me use his 70-200 VRII and his 17-35 f2.8 from nikon. I wish i brought his D700 but i think i made some good photos....other than the terrible lighting they provided at the club. I stretched the limits at 2500 ISO with my tiny sensor... Check it out!

:EDIT: I had more shots but my stupid flickr account is full and luckily i maxed it out on feb 1st....fml

4322677923_c181e25d38_b.jpg

4322677415_561f2a409d_b.jpg

4323413496_01b58ea8c0_b.jpg

Last edited:
nothing is better than crappy club lighting! The first is my favorite but all three of them don't really look like they are "action shots" looks more like while they were warming up and in between songs. With a nice fast lens like what you had at your disposal you gotta be on top of focus to make sure you get what you want, the second picture looks soft all around. I'd love to see the other shots, live band stuff is really fun to shoot and really tricky too.

watch your noise, you can see it clearly in shot 2. Try to keep the colour as the photos loose their energy when desaturated. No 1 is your best shot by far but id to a slightly tighter crop at the top. No 3 is just the back of some guys head :p :) Look forward to seeing more photos.

yeah the noise is almost impossible in orange and red lighting at 3200 ISO on my d90. this was my first attempt and i will post some more photos when my flickr is not full anymore :-\

Most reactions

Back