What's new

Local Car Show - Part I

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
11,518
Reaction score
4,788
Location
Louisville, Nebraksa - United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Actually just saw a few of these cars on highway 31 earlier. Pictures look great!
 
Actually just saw a few of these cars on highway 31 earlier. Pictures look great!

Thanks. Doesn't surprise me that a lot of those folks are out on 31, it's such a nice scenic drive.. not much to look at on 50 unfortunately.. lol
 
Nice set. Did you get any from a lower angle?
 
Nice set. Did you get any from a lower angle?

Unfortunately not, working with two broken toes so I was very worried that if I got down to get a better angle I might not be able to get back up again.

That sucks. I know how that goes. I cut my hand last week and surgery to fix tendon, nerve and bone.
 
Nice set. Did you get any from a lower angle?

Unfortunately not, working with two broken toes so I was very worried that if I got down to get a better angle I might not be able to get back up again.

That sucks. I know how that goes. I cut my hand last week and surgery to fix tendon, nerve and bone.

It occurred to me afterwards that both cameras have an articulating screen on them.. lol - so I probably could have switched to live view and held them at waist level but of course it didn't even dawn on me until after I got home. I never use live view, I'm a viewfinder guy. Oh well, next car show I guess.. lol
 
Nice set. A couple of comments:

The angles are a bit repetitive. Alone they are fine, but as a set not so much.

My personal preference for automotive shots is with a wide angle lens - 50 mm on a crop sensor is an almost telephoto angle of view.
Subjective opinion. YMMV. My feeling is that the wide perspective enhances what can become a rather mundane shot.

I congratulate you on avoiding including the annoying humans. They always ruin good machine porn. ;)

By the shadows, it looks like it was mid-day sun. The harsh lighting isn't helping you much here, but you did OK regardless.
 
Nice set. A couple of comments:

The angles are a bit repetitive. Alone they are fine, but as a set not so much.

My personal preference for automotive shots is with a wide angle lens - 50 mm on a crop sensor is an almost telephoto angle of view.
Subjective opinion. YMMV. My feeling is that the wide perspective enhances what can become a rather mundane shot.

I congratulate you on avoiding including the annoying humans. They always ruin good machine porn. ;)

By the shadows, it looks like it was mid-day sun. The harsh lighting isn't helping you much here, but you did OK regardless.

Appreciate the thoughts Bender. Golden hour would have been great but sadly not possible - the event doesn't start until 9-10 am usually and closes down right around 5 pm at the latest. They actually block off all of main street for it, so it's quite the undertaking really.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom