Local Fire Flickr Sets

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My original fire was pretty image heavy. For those who were interested and looking at their leisure, here are the two sets I made in Flickr.

The first set is pretty much the ones in the original file.

The second set is a batch process of the cameras jpg's of the rest (40) of the images, resized for easier uploading. If you see any you like on there that I missed as a great shot, lemme know and I'll revisit the raw and process it.

There may be doubles, I'm tired. lol

Old Town Fire Set 1 - a set on Flickr

Old Town Fire Set 2 - a set on Flickr

This is kinda cool. I sent my link to the local news and they might use a photo for their story on the fire.

This is an excerpt from the email...

"Hi Ernie,My name is John Clarke Russ. I am the visuals editor at the Bangor Daily News. Reporter Ryan McLaughlin forwardied your Flickr link and I had a chance to look at some of the fire photos. We didn't get to the fire and I am glad someone with your photo proficiency was there. We will probably run one of the photos online and/or in the Thursday print edition. Thanks again!
Regards,
John Clarke Russ, BDN"

Just remember to claim the $$ :)

Good stuff, btw!

I told them they can have their favorite 1 or 2. Not gonna profit off of others' misfortune. However, I will accept any notoriety from it to help further my portfolio. ;-)

They made it grainy...I told them I would send them a high quality shot but they just grabbed one off my flickr apparently.

Don't forget to loot when the firemen turn their backs...lol!

Cool images...I like the flashlight-circle one ... and others.

Looting...I knew I forgot something. Dammit.

Word is that it was started by an old couch that was against the building. Most are guessing kids. Since this is the first year fireworks were made legal...no doubt it will turn to that as the culprit before long, even if it's untrue.

Ernicus said:
Looting...I knew I forgot something. Dammit.

Word is that it was started by an old couch that was against the building. Most are guessing kids. Since this is the first year fireworks were made legal...no doubt it will turn to that as the culprit before long, even if it's untrue.

Sounds like the usual way something like that goes...people are funny when they want to make laws about stupid things. My new fav....no large sodas in NY and maybe Boston....he he he....wicked funny.

Ernicus! You're famous now, you're published!

Lol on the large soda thing....how silly. So now I just go through the drive through and get two 16oz sodas instead of one 32oz...weeeeeee

So they ran the article in the print paper today...page B2, not front page...lol. and they spelled my name wrong. yay.

Cool photos! You did a great job!

Not my kind of photo but i still like this shoots...

lol they don't want to give your credits :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice series of photos for an evening time fire.

I told them they can have their favorite 1 or 2. Not gonna profit off of others' misfortune

There is nothing wrong with profitting from getting these to the paper, I'm sure they don't just accept a "photo credit" when they are selling ad space. Papers have a budget to buy pictures, but won't if someone is willing to give them up for nothing. It's images and news like this that sell the papers, you are not profiting from the unfortunate circumstances of the fire victim, you are sharing the profit that the newspaper makes from selling ads.

Most reactions

Back