Loch an Eilein, evening light

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very nice Mark. One of the downsides with a wide angle is it makes the hills appear smaller and loose a bit of drama, which you can see in your above shots. As the landscape is often quite hilly here I've taken to shooting panoramas at a longer focal length precicley for that reason. At below 24mm it's quite noticable to me and really if you want to retain perspective and the height shooting at 50mm will give closer to the human eye view of proportions.

Very nice Mark. One of the downsides with a wide angle is it makes the hills appear smaller and loose a bit of drama, which you can see in your above shots. As the landscape is often quite hilly here I've taken to shooting panoramas at a longer focal length precicley for that reason. At below 24mm it's quite noticable to me and really if you want to retain perspective and the height shooting at 50mm will give closer to the human eye view of proportions.

Thanks for the advice, I'm off to Oban/Isle of Mull and Loch Lomand in October, so trying to get practicing so I can hopefully get some decent images from the trip.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back