logo help

Plantshell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
operating without a proper logo or watermarks of any sort is borderline madness, but I have no idea how to create one.
Could anyone recommend a website or software?

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
operating without a proper logo or watermarks of any sort is borderline madness, . . .
Why do you think that?

In my experience, most self-employed retail photographers cause more harm than good to their business by using a logo/watermark.

At any rate, logos are best made using vector graphics. Inkscape.org is a free vector graphics application. Adobe Illustrator is the graphic art industry standard.

Red1SebR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Photoshop (obviously) is great. you can create and automate the process of adding a water mark to multiple pictures

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
But don't use Photoshop's raster graphics capabilities to design the logo/watermark. Photoshop shop does have some vector graphics capabilities, like the Pen tool.

Also it is best to have a professional graphic artist design your logo, just like you likely recommend your clients use a professional photographer to make images for them.

Last edited:

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
operating without a proper logo or watermarks of any sort is borderline madness, but I have no idea how to create one.
Could anyone recommend a website or software?

I find that most people who are overly concerned about a logo or watermark, are usually amateurs that need to work on the basic photography skill sets a lot more than they need to work on a logo. Unless someone has a reason to post high quality images on the web (which no one should do as they will get stolen, and the watermark is very easy to remove), or have a Proof site where you are concerned about clients stealing proofs, then a watermark is way overrated, and usually screams amateur.

Most reactions

ClickASnap