London Composition C&C (please)

Tired but willin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had an early start again in London to continual trying to improve my composition skills. Went back to the Millennium Bridge to review the angles and tried not to take the classic 'snap' shot again. I've added some duplicates in B&W as not quite sure which ones look the best. I also went back and retook the pic of the building i recently posted as had previously chopped off one of the sides.

One thing i am getting frustrated with is my knowledge and skill using Elements Photoshop 9 - think i really need to enlist in a training course!!

Any comments please would really help me out...thanks....

1# - ISO 100, F8 and SS25
2# - Above in B&W
3# - ISO 100, F8 and SS13
4# - Above in B&W
5# - ISO 100, F2.5 and SS2
6# - ISO 100, F14 and SS6

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2531_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2520_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2515a.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

C&C per req:

The first pair seem rather 'Ho-hum' to me. They're not bad, but they're also not very exciting. The second set I quite like however. I think the composition of these is very strong, and the bridge, is not only an excellent leading, but a strong compositional element as well. I would consider maybe trying a high-contrast monochrome conversion, or applying an IR filter to it for an even more surreal look. I also like #5, but I can't help thinking this would be an even stronger image were you situated a little further along the bridge so that you could look down the walk-way and see more of the building in the background.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the feedback John. I'll see if i can get my head around the monochrome conversion and the IR filter tonight......:blush2:

Most reactions

Back