London Finance District

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Wandering round with the Contax having some beers. Hope you enjoy!

Rob

lloyds.jpg

lloydsgherkin.jpg

reflectgherkin.jpg

reflectgherkin2.jpg

NIce work. I like the 3rd best.

That Gherkin is a great building. Whose HQ is it? I used to work beside the Lloyds building years ago, but it wasn't there then. Like #3, but #2 is my favourite.

This is something that I want to start doing, too, i.e. taking photos of buildings in all those funny angles! (Though it feels like I should not do this to farm houses...) I like your angles... though they give me vertigo ;).

I like the third one best, the reflection! Very good. And cool frames here! (I look at frames, too, you know!?!?!?!)

Thanks all,

LaFoto: Gallery Constructor 2 is my secret - I can give you an XML template for it if you particularly like my choice of frame - it's all automated and "free".

Cheers again,

Rob

OBrien said:
That Gherkin is a great building. Whose HQ is it? I used to work beside the Lloyds building years ago, but it wasn't there then. Like #3, but #2 is my favourite.

It was commissioned by Swiss Re, and it's a Norman Foster job - no pillars inside it, eco-friendly etc. It's built on St Mary Axe on the site left by the Baltic Exchange (which was blown up by the IRA in 1992). You can see it everywhere and it was the first "skyscraper" to be added to London for just over 25 years. Although it's not as tall as Tower 42, for some reason you seem to see it everywhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back