What's new

London Houses of Parliament C&C

Primoz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
174
Reaction score
27
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A shot I recently took on my trip in this iconic city... I didn't have any proper tripod or lens with me (I was travelling light =P) so I took this with the 18-105 kit lens on a very tiny shaky tripod =D.

What's your opinion? Do you mind in this case that the Tower is in dead center?


London, UK by Primoz Kovacic, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Considering the circumstances, I think it came out pretty good! I wish the building had more details, and was a little sharper/more in focus.

I personally thing the tower dead center works for this, because you have to get the whole building AND the bridge up to where you did.

Really nice colors!:thumbup:
 
Looks great, and nice color.
 
Thanks. The colour is a bit cheated in Photoshop, because I don't have the budget yet to buy a magenta filter... =P

Here's another one stitched panorama taken handheld at ISO 2000. Note that the photo came out much much noisier on Flickr than it actually is in lightroom on my computer. I don't know why... I am actually very pleased with the performace of my D90 at ISO 2000 in this example =)


London, UK by Primoz Kovacic, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
You got the phrase right. I think the pictures are all really solid works. The only thing that stands out to me is that the lines of the bridge and shore tend to bring the eye away from the point of interest (big ben). I think if the rotation was adjust slightly it would help keep the eye where it's supposed to go. Meaning, if the shoreline was low at the left and rose to the right, then both lines would be converging upward at big ben.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom