Wow! thanks a lot for the load of comments! :mrgreen:
what was your white balance on these?
Hmm, not 100% sure. I usually shoot on AWB and change it in PS later. It's nearish "tungsten" I think
Do you remember the lens and such that you used? I would be interested in knowing - thanks!
Sigma 10-20 for all of them execpt the first, which was a Sigma 24-70 (I'm not a Sigma fanboi, it's just that they're cheap

)
3,4, and 5... just wow. i love the trails, how did you get that effect?
Long exposure, about 15-30 secs on most.
Canon 30D (and tripod). Any camera that can keep the shutter open of 15 secs or more will do
how in the world do you get such awesome light trails without anything being overexposed or blown out?????
Stop down to arround F11 or smaller and take a 15 secs exposure. Check the histogram to make sure it's not too over exposed and stop down further if need be. I shoot in RAW which does wonders for highlight recovery
How about a shot of the "Gherkin" one night?
I can never seem to get a good shot of the Gherkin! Will try harder
please tell all! how you had your camera set, what lens any filters. these are amazing and i'm extremely curious how you got these

probably near my 10th time coming back to stare at them
Thanks a lot :mrgreen: As above really... tripod, 15 secs, f11 ish, no filters (they tend to make the flare worse with all that light around). Try an exposure, check histogram, stop down more if need be or exposue for longer. Bit trial and errors and a few exposures until you get something you like.
Thanks again, you guy's are the best

:thumbup: