London Plane bark

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A detail from the bark of Platanus hispanica (the London Plane). This tree loses its bark in pieces to reveal beautiful subtle colours and an interesting pattern.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/09/plane-tree-bark.html

Plane-Tree-Bark.jpg

I really like the simplicity of your images, focussing on one thing only usually. And this one still is so complex regarding the bark structure.

I like it.

Thanks Alex. I was going for an abstractish feel here just working with the irregular shapes and earth colours.

Regards, Tony

You went for the "abstractish feel" and you arrived there! Good one!
(Funny to hear that this tree is for once called Platanus hispanica and then, by its common name, London plane. How could the "hispanica" [Spanish] get replaced by "London"??? :scratch: )

(Funny to hear that this tree is for once called Platanus hispanica and then, by its common name, London plane. How could the "hispanica" [Spanish] get replaced by "London"??? :scratch: )

Probably the same way that Americana gets replaced by Hispanica :lol:

I joke I joke, of course.

It is a very nice photograph, tb2. I have some trees like that in a park near me that I tried to do something with, and none came out like yours. Nice :)

Very nice, Tony.
This has caused me to look more closely at the sycamores I see in my daily rounds.

In America it's called a sycamore.

Most reactions

Back