"Lone Hunt" and "Barnside" for Sea and Sea

JoshC.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two from today. C&C is greatly appreciated!

5457089687_0e380fa382_b.jpg

With this image, I wish that the dog was facing the opposite direction. Something about it just doesnt feel right.
5457088555_f13dd60067_b.jpg

Thank you all!

Love the first one! Very nice! I like the seond one too. I guess since the dog is walking towards the right, the empty space should be more on the right side. At least that's what I've learned so far!

I really like #2!
I don't think you need to be concerned with the dogs direction of travel. I don't think that "rule" applies to a smaller player in the larger scene. He is not crowded and has plenty of room to roam. The other thing, for me, is he is not moving fast. He seems to be wandering lazily. Had he taken up more of the frame, and appeared to be running, then yes, I would think it would need more space in front of him.

I dunno what doesn't feel right to you. The only suggestions I have are to maybe crop the top down a fifth, to the top of the white cloud, or even two fifths to just under the dark oval in the cloud. Maybe it will feel more balanced to you. Flip the dog in Photoshop if it bothers you. Would be really easy to put him wherever you want in this pic.

Love the first one! Very nice! I like the seond one too. I guess since the dog is walking towards the right, the empty space should be more on the right side. At least that's what I've learned so far!

Thanks alot, I appreciate the feedback. That is kind of what I was thinking.

I really like #2!
I don't think you need to be concerned with the dogs direction of travel. I don't think that "rule" applies to a smaller player in the larger scene. He is not crowded and has plenty of room to roam. The other thing, for me, is he is not moving fast. He seems to be wandering lazily. Had he taken up more of the frame, and appeared to be running, then yes, I would think it would need more space in front of him.

I dunno what doesn't feel right to you. The only suggestions I have are to maybe crop the top down a fifth, to the top of the white cloud, or even two fifths to just under the dark oval in the cloud. Maybe it will feel more balanced to you. Flip the dog in Photoshop if it bothers you. Would be really easy to put him wherever you want in this pic.

Thanks Bitter! That makes me feel better about the composition. Honestly, I dont know how to flip it. I only have Lightroom and Gimp. I'm sure its possible in Gimp I just dont know how. Thanks again though, I'll play around with it!

Gimp should have a freeform selection tool, or just select a box around the dog and then "transform"/flip horizontal.

Oh, I like the first image as well. It was a little confusing for a second, then had the aha! Moment. Framed up nicely.

I like the second one fine. The dog is moving in the direction of the slope of the trees and so it flows nicely.
I'm not liking 1 so much, but can't say why. I think the angle of view is bothering me. Not enough barn-side or something.
It kind of "just misses".

My 2 cents

I love the second one. As it's not a action shot, the dog doesn't really need space to walk into - he provides a nice focus point in an otherwise fairly plain view. The black and white works for this shot too. The first is technically well done, but not particularly to my taste!

Gimp should have a freeform selection tool, or just select a box around the dog and then "transform"/flip horizontal.

Oh, I like the first image as well. It was a little confusing for a second, then had the aha! Moment. Framed up nicely.

Awesome! I'll try that! Thanks alot, you've been a great help! :D

I like the second one fine. The dog is moving in the direction of the slope of the trees and so it flows nicely.
I'm not liking 1 so much, but can't say why. I think the angle of view is bothering me. Not enough barn-side or something.
It kind of "just misses".

My 2 cents

Thanks alot! I appreciate it!

I love the second one. As it's not a action shot, the dog doesn't really need space to walk into - he provides a nice focus point in an otherwise fairly plain view. The black and white works for this shot too. The first is technically well done, but not particularly to my taste!

Thank you very much Forkie! Much appreciated :D

Most reactions

Back