Lone Rock

David84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Beautiful Lake Tahoe.... C&C always appreciated!

4058584879_e60412bf54_b.jpg

-David

Cool capture. I know what your trying to do with the rock but it's a bit distracting.

I think there are two shots there. One with the land mass and no rock, and another with the rock and the land mass, but using a different angle so the rock is more definable as the subject and isn't distracting.

I think there are two shots there. One with the land mass and no rock, and another with the rock and the land mass, but using a different angle so the rock is more definable as the subject and isn't distracting.

Thanks for your reply... I'm surprised and glad to see people had an entirely different view than I did... I would have never known the rock was distracting without both of your comments....

Just goes to show you how important perception of others truly is!

Thanks again for taking the time,

-David

buen trabajo ... pero creo que necesita una mayor profundidad de campo
good job ... but I think it needs a greater depth of field

I'm with the others. If the rock was meant as the main focal point, I would have preferred this shot in portrait orientation with the rock filling more of the screen. If the mountains were the focal point then I would have preferred it without the rock.

For both to be a focal point, I think you would need a lot more of those types of rocks in the water to help balance out the mountains with the rocks. As it sits, the lone rock is just not enough to grab my attention and is a bit distracting to the scene.

Most reactions

Back