lone skateboard and sunset

WTF?

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took this picture about 10 minutes ago, i saw the lighting was good for the shot so i just set up my skateboard and crouched down and shot it.
what do you guys think? any good?

P2050035.jpg

Kind of a neat shot, looks warn there. I think I would have gotten all the way on the ground and brought the board in closer so the dof would look better.

You need to crop closer to the skateboard, there's too much space around it and the skateboard isn't what your attention is brought too.

You need to crop closer to the skateboard, there's too much space around it and the skateboard isn't what your attention is brought too.

couldnt have said it better.. the vehicles and extra area are distracting... but its a good shot and once cropped tighter will even be enhanced...

Hi I cropped your photo to see how it would look. What do you think?

Dave

Ps how do I post a bigger photo and not a thumbnail. Sorry I am new to this whole digital thing!

Attachments

• $skateboard_edited.jpg
    $skateboard_edited.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 120
^the angle was intentional.
i cropped it as many of you suggested and enhances the colours a bit.
P2050035-1.jpg

I actually like the angle. It adds a bit of dynamism to the image.

The focus is a bit soft. I agree with the cars being distracting as well

The most off putting thing for me is the flare near the bottom right hand corner.

WTF,

I am going to do you a favor, and shoot you straight. Everyone is being far too nice here, which is not fair to you, and will not help you become a better photographer. Don't spend any more time trying to make this photo work, it lacks too much, in too many areas, there is simply nothing to work with. You did do something right however. You found potentially great lighting, and you saw something in the simplicity of a skateboard, and its shadow.

Hi I cropped your photo to see how it would look. What do you think?

Dave

Ps how do I post a bigger photo and not a thumbnail. Sorry I am new to this whole digital thing!

the one attached here is v.nice as the skateboard isnt dead centre... looks nice :) Great photo btw

Damn that's the one right there...that last crop looks great!:thumbup:

WTF,

I am going to do you a favor, and shoot you straight. Everyone is being far too nice here, which is not fair to you, and will not help you become a better photographer. Don't spend any more time trying to make this photo work, it lacks too much, in too many areas, there is simply nothing to work with. You did do something right however. You found potentially great lighting, and you saw something in the simplicity of a skateboard, and its shadow.

I'm going to have to agree with this though I'll try to take it a step further by pointing out what I think works and doesn't work.

Works: the lighting, the simple subject, the shadow, the angle of the shots and the slight tilt

Doesn't work: Too much in the background... you could've moved the board to another angle to remove the houses, cars, etc. or gotten closer to the board to blur the background, the focus of the board isn't sharp, the colors seem bland which I think is a result from shooting with the sun in frame.

Most reactions

Back