Lone Tree

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just started going back through my shots from last Sunday night. Here is another one.

SunsetTree.jpg

As always, C&C is appreciated!

Thanks for looking.

Very nice. Excellent colours and lighting. I might like to see a crop closing in more on the tree as the main subject.

I agree with tirediron. For me, the foreground is not really contributing to draw me towards the tree. Judging by the shadows, perhaps a different time of the day may produce a completly different feel.

Lovely sky and nice use of 'Thirds' in this one. You have a beautiful area around to use as some very dramatic backdrops. Lucky you.

Are these both crops out of the same larger image? It's blowing my mind :)

It's just a slight breeze today. :confused:

I was thinking, "I bet it's one of those deadly awkward centered horizons."

You ever try making a layer and using the dodge and burn tools? I bet in the edit you could darken the shadows and bring out the highlights in the grass and brush to make kind of a nice somewhat implied curve to the tree.

I'm on a dodge and burn kick this week.

edit- I like the shadows/colors on the first one better though.

I am kind of famous for those deadly awkward centered horizons! :lol: I vow not to shoot those any more!

I'm going back to the same area tomorrow night, so I'll see if I can try it again. I'll try a little dodge and burn on this one until then.

Thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back