Long day at the fair

scooter2044

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice set with some interesting images.

Holy cow.....nice shots. The second is my favorite.

Dave

I think that you have not decided exactly what you think is important and framed around that.

In the first one, I would have framed it so that the person stirring is clearly within the frame - and away from the margin.

sheila-stirringlllll.jpg

In the second, it is unclear what you think is important -
the man - but the outline of his face is obscured by the stuff behind him,
the drawing - but it is at a very acute angle and is hard to see well
the background - it is in relatively good focus.

I think it is important to figure out exactly what you want the audience to understand as the center.
It is fine to have lots of stuff to look at but decide what is importnat and compse and edt around that.

I think that you have not decided exactly what you think is important and framed around that.

In the first one, I would have framed it so that the person stirring is clearly within the frame - and away from the margin.

View attachment 108655

In the second, it is unclear what you think is important -
the man - but the outline of his face is obscured by the stuff behind him,
the drawing - but it is at a very acute angle and is hard to see well
the background - it is in relatively good focus.

I think it is important to figure out exactly what you want the audience to understand as the center.
It is fine to have lots of stuff to look at but decide what is importnat and compse and edt around that.
I wasn't sure what to do about the guy in the background so I left the first one as is. I like your crop better though. Gets rid of most of the distraction. I have some better cropped ones on my Flickr page but he isn't facing the camera as much, so I posted this instead.

The second one I couldn't move any further to the left or I would have been in the sun. I thought maybe because you couldn't get a good look at what he was drawing, leaving the background in would work. If I had gotten a better view of what he was drawing, should I have blurred the background out altogether? I'm always on the fence about how much to show. The clutter behind his head I never even saw, I was in a hurry because people were going to move into my shot, so I just took the picture. I should have waited for a better opportunity but my daughter was getting impatient. Thank you for the tips, as always.

C&C welcome.

Nice set. Picture 2: this can happen a lot until you avoid it: a decent picture of an artist but with a pole coming out the top of his head.

C&C welcome.

Nice set. Picture 2: this can happen a lot until you avoid it: a decent picture of an artist but with a pole coming out the top of his head.
Thank you. I've got another festival in 2 weeks, I'll try for less clutter and no poles, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back