Long Exposure in the middle of the day

ewick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this in the middle of the day (about noon) with my d90 and my tokina fisheye. I rigged a cover to hold an 8 shade welding glass and this is what I got. I know the w/b is off but thats due to the welding glass. It gives off a very green tint. I know beach shots (seascape) have been done to death but this was more about exploring and learning. Shot number 3 is what it looked like when I started setting up. As always I know I dish out some pretty strong C&C so now you guys can give me some back. Shot about f22/25 and about 30 seconds 2 10MM.

7908601390_1200bcec52.jpg
[/URL] longexpo by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]

7908602628_0f40df1a72.jpg
[/URL] longexpo3 by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG] long expo4 by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]

Interesting idea. I imagine there are pieces of replacement glass you can buy for welders masks that would make nice "filters" to shoot through for long exposures.

^^ there are, and I have thought about doing that. I had planned on making exposures over the course of a long car trip, pointing the camera slightly downward towered the road.

I was thinking more like pointing the camera at a crowded place like Grand Central Station and taking a long exposure. In the end not a single person would be seen, just the room.

The first fixed photographic image produced, View from the Window at Legras, by by Nicéphore Niépce in 1822 was an 8-hour exposure.

I think I was 35 when I stood naked in front of my bedroom window. That was a 9 hour exposure. I had nothing better to do or anywhere to go. hahahahahahaha

I think I was 35 when I stood naked in front of my bedroom window. That was a 9 hour exposure. I had nothing better to do or anywhere to go. hahahahahahaha

Now that was funny. Yes I used a replacement glass for a welders mask but they give off a very green tint which you have to bring back in post. I know there are n/d filters to get the same result but I do believe they don't make them for fisheye (which I used) Also the n/d filters can run from 30 bucks and up and the piece of welders glass i used came out to 3.00 dollars. I need to come up with some interesting ideas to to a long exposure in the middle of the day because the beach has been done to death.

Coming up with a location which is always full of people would be interesting to me. Light accumulation over a long period would exclude the people and only the non moving solid structures would be exposed. This one has really got me thinking of trying this in the near future.

Great pictures. I really like the second one. The third one would be nice if it wasn't inclined.

Great pictures. I really like the second one. The third one would be nice if it wasn't inclined.

The third picture is where I shot with out the filter.

Coming up with a location which is always full of people would be interesting to me. Light accumulation over a long period would exclude the people and only the non moving solid structures would be exposed. This one has really got me thinking of trying this in the near future.

I know what you mean but in order for that to work it has to be a place where it is obvious there are a lot of people.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back