Long exposure Night Photos- Hawaii - C&C please

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were taken just outside my hotel. Let me know what you guys think.

nite1.jpg

nite2.jpg

nite3.jpg

nite4.jpg

nite5.jpg

I love the 2nd one, I would try to PS out your shadow, other than that love the leaning tree and the contrast.

I love the 2nd one, I would try to PS out your shadow, other than that love the leaning tree and the contrast.

That is actually a shadow from another tree. I already photoshopped out a lot of stuff like two chairs and some random looking things on the ground. I fixed the one above and photoshopped out the shadow--Thanks for pointing that out. it does look a lot better now.

Here is the original.

nite6.jpg

How are there so many views and only 1 reply...come on this is my first time doing long exposure night shots. Someone please let me know what you think.

chill buddy, they are standard shots. point the camera, click.... and you got some shots. if you're here for a pat on the back then... nice work, keep clickin'

edit - wait a sec, the fisheye shot aint even a long exposure! :p

Umm yes it is...Just because I used a flash doesn't mean its not long exposure. It is obviously long exposure if I'm getting the whole background in the picture.

And again, I was looking for constructive criticism. Not a reply that does nothing in helping me become a better photographer. I want some help like "hey try using a higher aperture next time" or use a higher iso but a lower aperture. Things like that would be nice. Or even change your composition. But telling me that I'm looking for a pat on the back and to calm down, in no way helps me improve as a photographer.

The subjects in all these shots are rather dull.

Try higher ISO and shorter exposures ....
Try getting away from the lights so you can pick up some stars...
What about light painting with some LED's ....

Mix it up a bit and try new things on your own.

Last edited:
Is that a picture of you taking a picture of yourself?

Laff. :lmao:

I think I've had dinner at that hotel.

i can see you used your fisheye on two pics maybe more?
i think they are a little dark even for night shots

I want some help like "hey try using a higher aperture next time" or use a higher iso but a lower aperture. Things like that would be nice. Or even change your composition. But telling me that I'm looking for a pat on the back and to calm down, in no way helps me improve as a photographer.

use a different aperture? bro, Ill throw some advice your way (take it or leave it) experiment and make mistakes. these photos - you cant do much more with. try stuff, make mistakes and **** you're photos up. then, with persistence you will become something great.
forget the technical things, use the right side of your brain.

Can you post the metadata for each picture?

Most reactions

Back