Long Exposure Night Photos of FGCU Campus

tmurphy0828

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its finals week at FGCU and our Library is open 24 hours for like a week so a lot of lights are on at night on main campus that normally aren't so I thought it would be cool to play around and get some long exposure shots of main campus. Let me know what you think please. This is one of my first attempts at Long Exposure and I would love some tips on how to improve.

1. The Library

2. The Sidewalk

3. The Library Lawn

4. Library Lawn Trees

I absolutly love night shots, my favorite subject to shoot and thats why I love cameras that are not affraid of high ISO.

Great pictures, I really enjoyed them.

Thanks

I absolutly love night shots, my favorite subject to shoot and thats why I love cameras that are not affraid of high ISO.

Great pictures, I really enjoyed them.

Thanks
Thank you! I agree night shots and night photography is slowly becoming my favorite thing to do the more I experiment with it

Interesting. However, they all seem to be leaning to the right.
Hmmm I didn't even notice that. Now that you said something I see it a little. Idk maybe I framed it like that or the level on my tripod is off a little

In order for a night shot to work it still has to be an interesting subject and composed well. I don't think you've got that here... though you ALMOST have an interesting subject on the first one.

From a technical perspective... look at my sig for a guide on night shots... at least I THINK it's still in my sig...

EDIT: yup, it is.

In order for a night shot to work it still has to be an interesting subject and composed well. I don't think you've got that here... though you ALMOST have an interesting subject on the first one.

From a technical perspective... look at my sig for a guide on night shots... at least I THINK it's still in my sig...

Your guide was actually extremely helpful

They could be more interesting, however all of them are very under exposed.

There is no detail in the shadows, just almost pure blacks.

How are you metering in this situation?

You sound shocked.

Actually, I think you're the second person to use this EXACT wording. I must have picked up a negative reputation somewhere... :lol:

You sound shocked.

Actually, I think you're the second person to use this EXACT wording. I must have picked up a negative reputation somewhere... :lol:
Hahahaha not shocked more like extremely grateful! I really want to learn how to do this kind of stuff the proper way and your guide really helped break a lot of stuff down that I wasn't doing correctly or didn't even know about

hehe.. well... glad to help. :)

Most reactions

Back