Long exposures - The Beach

sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay I went out to the beach to shoot some long exposures after getting some tips from some board members. Unfortunately the sunset was plain and boring, no fancy clouds or colours tonite!
Let me know what you think!

two.jpg

three1.jpg

one.jpg

I think they are good! Love the dreamy effect, like the third one a lot, just a small thing off about it, but cant figure out what it is.

I like the last one.

I also like the second one, but I would try to crop a smidge off the left side. The space is wonderful, but there may be just a tad too much. Also, maybe clone out that blurry post and the black thing by it, just to empty that corner? Or maybe not, it's fine there too.

And I do like the first one; I like the color of the sand, but could you do something to the sky? Either photoshop it up, or make the whole thing black and white to get a gloomy gray feel going on?

Nice. :)

I like the last one.

I also like the second one, but I would try to crop a smidge off the left side. The space is wonderful, but there may be just a tad too much. Also, maybe clone out that blurry post and the black thing by it, just to empty that corner? Or maybe not, it's fine there too.

And I do like the first one; I like the color of the sand, but could you do something to the sky? Either photoshop it up, or make the whole thing black and white to get a gloomy gray feel going on?

Nice. :)

It wasn't a good evening for it, none of these are portfolio worthy just really tests. All the processing is just saturation, resizing and sharpness, aside from that they're all from the camera.

Great job - all of them. I like 1 and 3 the most. Although the angle of entry/lead in of the groynes is to steep in 2 and too slack in 3. But 3 is pure minimalist bliss for me :) I would have played about with the white balance in photoshop though to see what else looked pleasing.

Def head back to that spot when the sky looks interesting. It's great to live by the coast isnt it. Here is my own favourite shot of groynes:

H o r i z o n 2 0 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The colours had a little white balance tweaking :) I dont want my shots to look like what the eye can see - I can use my eyes for that!

Great job - all of them. I like 1 and 3 the most. Although the angle of entry/lead in of the groynes is to steep in 2 and too slack in 3. But 3 is pure minimalist bliss for me :) I would have played about with the white balance in photoshop though to see what else looked pleasing.

Def head back to that spot when the sky looks interesting. It's great to live by the coast isnt it. Here is my own favourite shot of groynes:

H o r i z o n 2 0 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The colours had a little white balance tweaking :) I dont want my shots to look like what the eye can see - I can use my eyes for that!

Wow the groynes are perfect in that! I'm gonna have to try tomorrow

Most reactions

Back