Long time since posting C&C

651stp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys! So it's been a very long time since I've posted anything here. Long story short I just got back into photography and seems like i'm a little rusty. Any positive criticism will definitely help, after all this is where I learned to improve. Thanks!

girls-1-jpg.106654

Attachments

• Girls (1).jpg
    Girls (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 450
OP
651stp

651stp

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Funny story, this is a one light setup. How'd I get the rim light? A car was driving past and I waited till it was exactly behind them then took the shot. :) Don't know if it was a coincidence or intentional but I got a free light source from it!

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Who can resist a free rim.... light, right? (Hey you set up these off-color jokes, I'll make them!)

Pretty good placement of the main light for the three of them, maybe not quite 100% optimal for the gal on the right, who gets a slight double chin, but on the whole, looks like a really good place to put the flash! It's interesting--tonight I attended a lecture/demo of a Meetup group,m about using just ONE light, in combination with low-level background lighting! You did great picking the right shutter speed for a bit of ambient for "mood", and the amount of flash looks just the right degree of "glammy" to me! I think the exposure you chose was pretty good for the scenario.

OP
651stp

651stp

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Wow Darrel coming from you that means a lot! :) And yes - I did set that up didn't I? LOL. That was basically the lowest ambient light I can get it because it was quite dark outside. The shoot was supposed to start at 7:00PM for sundown but I didn't end up shooting 'till almost 8:10 because you know... when girls say i'll be there in 5 minutes it really means an hour later. :D Well you do what you can I guess. Thanks for the constructive critism! More welcome!

vfotog

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
the background is really distracting and doesn't add anything to the image

Most reactions