Long Zoom Point and Shoot Camera [HELP]

gomgom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's my first post here and I'm not sure if i'm in the right subforum to ask this. If not, please feel free to relocate it to the right place.

My dad is looking a new digital camera that is easy to use, great picture quality and has a long zoom. He does not want to upgrade to dSLR yet but want some of the quality.

He was offered to buy Lumix FZ35 but I never had Panasonic camera before. I know Nikon and Canon are the big two in the photography industry. Do you have any recommendation or comment regarding FZ35? Which Canon or Nikon would be a better choice for him? Should we consider Sony or any other?

Definately, consider them all.

Kodak
Sony
Olympus
Fuji
Hewlett Packard
Polaroid
GE
Konica Minolta
Pentax
Samsung

dpreview does not provide enough review on their site. It's merely just the information from Panasonic. Anyone has ever compared FZ35 with the competitors such as SX20 IS or P100/110?

Personally I love my Lumix. It is an older 10x optical zoom model as I wanted something that would fit in my pocket. When I replace it I will look for the current version of the same camera.

Outside of that - go to Amazon and look up the camera to get a couple of hundred reviews and user photos on it.

go get the last issue of maxim magazine they had a point and shoot review .. and i think they reviewed a lumix, nikon and one other.. not sure what it was

Most reactions

New Topics

Back