What's new

What kind of spider is this?

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
103
Location
Pensacola, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this was taken with my 35mm lens so not macro by far, but I think I got a pretty good shot...

She is the keeper of my garden, but I'm worried of all her babies coming out and it is making me wonder do I leave her be or move her?

bgs28x.jpg
 
oh and sorry for the post overload today but it is raining like crazy outside so I'm stuck inside today.
 
hmmm not sure what kind of spider...but I like the background colors..matches the spider.
 
Those are tomatoes in the background, I think! haha I can't remember what angle this particular pic came from, so it is either tomatoes or bricks, looks like tomatoes to me
 
not sure on the ID but lol.. it looks like the back of a stripper with wide hips! lol im not right.
 
Basilica Orbweaver (Mecynogea lemniscata)

They hang upside down in a dome-like web.
The thing in the forground is the egg sac.


Thanks, Ralph
 
do you think it is the egg sac or the kill?
 
Haha, I posted the same thread asking the same question.

Looks like an Orchid Orb Weaver.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom