Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I once visited this far away village called Madhyamgram to shoot a few snakes, found this guy in this old and rusty cage with a very short chain on his neck. It's pitiful how we sometimes treat our pets. This poor fellow was kept alone in this rusty enclosure without proper food or water; but he seemed so deprived of companionship that the former didn't even seem to matter!

He was so happy to see me that he started showing me tricks so that I wouldn't leave. I stayed there for about an hour before I had to leave.
The irony was that his so-called owners were govt. affiliated animal rescuers.

12784990444_84e2b3a602_c.jpg

12784508645_8510fa24ac_c.jpg

12785024794_4848d0d6cc_c.jpg

13818516424_8362e39e5c_c.jpg

Heart is officially broken :(

Thank you for giving the little guy some companionship.

Nice shots Raj, I'm sure he appreciated the time you spent with him :thumbup:

It's too bad you couldn't have replaced him with his owner! Lee

Yep, my heart sank looking at the little guy. Sometimes I curse this soft-spot I have for animals! Good pics.

Heart is officially broken :(

Thank you for giving the little guy some companionship.

You know, I was actually considering reporting them to someone. But I couldn't find any such authority who would intervene to protect animals from a wildlife rescuer.
The funny thing is that this guy actually earns his living using these animals, but can't even take care of one properly.

Nice shots Raj, I'm sure he appreciated the time you spent with him :thumbup:
Thanks Bill, I wish I could have stayed longer.

It's too bad you couldn't have replaced him with his owner! Lee
hah! I wish I could Lee. Then we'd see who came to their rescue.

Yep, my heart sank looking at the little guy. Sometimes I curse this soft-spot I have for animals! Good pics.
So do I! Thanks Snerd.

You made the time and made a difference Raj. It makes us sad and angry at the same time sometimes, I agree with Lee, swap the owners for the monkey and see how they get on. It happens in every country and some of the stories here in NZ shock me sometimes with what humans are capable of.

This is Ironic for sure Raj ....

The irony was that his so-called owners were govt. affiliated animal rescuers.

All the best over there Raj and thanks for the time spent and caring. Its important.

Danny.

It happens in every country and some of the stories here in NZ shock me sometimes with what humans are capable of.
Danny.
Yes, and it would even make sense if the animal couldn't survive in the wild or is injured. But to keep it like this just for the sake of calling it a pet is ridiculous.

Just looking at your new link there Raj, very nice website and well laid out, Darn good shots and also a pleasure with the about page ;)

Just looking at your new link there Raj, very nice website and well laid out, Darn good shots and also a pleasure with the about page ;)
Thanks Danny, I was actually considering putting it up for review on TPF. Just finished a few hours ago, I'm glad you were the first one to visit my page :)

Raj Nice shots. It breaks my heart that people are so cruel. BTW Nice website and I also like the about. You sound like a really nice person that any one should be proud to shake your hand.:thumbup:.

Last edited:
Raj Nice shots. It breaks my heart that people are so cruel. BTW Nice website and I also like the about. You sound like a really nice person that any one should be proud to shake your hand.:thumbup:.

Thank you so much David, I am honored that you think like that. :sillysmi:
I am glad you like my website, I've put up a review thread here and would sure love to hear your opinion :).

Oh.... this hurts.... :(

Most reactions

Back