What's new

Look at me!

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
757
Reaction score
87
Location
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6258523782_a52a7a2bab_b.jpg



So, what do you think? C&C appreciated. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Regards,
LizardKing
 
Last edited:
nice shot, great eyes :)
 
Nice shot. Cat looks a little grumpy.
 
I'm glad you like it. Sometimes I think the composition is a little tight... but other times I like that... So I'm not really sure how I feel about this pic. That's why I'm uploading it here.

Not sure if it's a chinese cat. Don't know much about them, but I believe they picked it up from the street... So who knows? :)

And yes, it looks kinda grumpy... but it was friendly and curious in its own way.

Thank you for the comments so far.

Regards,
LizardKing
 
i was joking.. the slanted eyes LOL
 
I could love and would love this shot if it wasn't for the green beard.

Look at the area around the jaw (our right) and right against the frame-top of the jaw... it is way too green.
 
I could love and would love this shot if it wasn't for the green beard.

Look at the area around the jaw (our right) and right against the frame-top of the jaw... it is way too green.

Thank you for the feedback! I corrected this and uploaded a new version.
I believe it looks a lot better now. Good catch! Thanks!
 
"Why so serious?"

I do wish there was a little more depth, but I love the expression :D
 
I'm thinking about printing this one in a small/medium size. The only problem, is that being a crop of a bigger picture, I'm not sure if the quality is good enough.
Not exactly sure what parameters I should give you, for you to be able to respond...

- When saving the .psd file to jpeg (máx), it onle weights 313KB.
- The image size is 800x600 pixels (1,37MB) and 6.77x5.08cm (2.66"x2") with 300dpi

Is there a way to calculate or estimate how big can I print it? It's not that I'd like a large print. I just want to know what's the limit, to make sure I'm below it :)

Thank you all in advance!

Regards,
LizardKing
 
Sorry to say, but I do not like the editing on this one. The eyes look quite fake. Do you have an unedited version?
 
Sorry to say, but I do not like the editing on this one. The eyes look quite fake. Do you have an unedited version?

No problem at all. I like to receive all kind of feedback. Everything helps :)

Yes, the eyes are edited, but nothing crazy. Just added a little bit of green in the midtones, using a Color Balance adjustment with a mask.
Here's the original, which is actually a crop from a bigger picture. You can see there's more edit to the hair than the eyes. But again, nothing crazy... Only desaturated it a little bit, added brightness&contrast, and adjsuted some levels and curves...

However, the limit about editing pictures, is a matter of personal taste. I always try to get the best picture I can while shooting it, but there's times when a little editing will help create a more compelling image or help better delivering the message.

Any thoughts on the printing question I asked above? I'd really appreacite some help there. :thumbup:


Look at me! v2 by Lizard.King, on Flickr
 
Sorry to say, but I do not like the editing on this one. The eyes look quite fake. Do you have an unedited version?
However, the limit about editing pictures, is a matter of personal taste. I always try to get the best picture I can while shooting it, but there's times when a little editing will help create a more compelling image or help better delivering the message.

I totally agree! I learned photoshop before I ever tried/got interested in photography, oddly enough, so I usually like a healthy dose of editing. However, I just don't think it was well done. The nuances in the eyes are gone - there are no shadows or highlights, which looks unrealistic. And the edge of where you edited the eyes is obvious.

About printing, I really do not know. Did you try googling it?
 
Sorry to say, but I do not like the editing on this one. The eyes look quite fake. Do you have an unedited version?
However, the limit about editing pictures, is a matter of personal taste. I always try to get the best picture I can while shooting it, but there's times when a little editing will help create a more compelling image or help better delivering the message.

I totally agree! I learned photoshop before I ever tried/got interested in photography, oddly enough, so I usually like a healthy dose of editing. However, I just don't think it was well done. The nuances in the eyes are gone - there are no shadows or highlights, which looks unrealistic. And the edge of where you edited the eyes is obvious.

About printing, I really do not know. Did you try googling it?

Again, there's nothing but color balance in the eyes. Believe me, I'm not even close to have good photoshop skills... still learning to use adjustment layers and masks...
In which eye are you seeing this unrealistic characteristics? I'm not sure about what you mean.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
LizardKing
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom