What's new

Looking for a camera suggestion

Jorsher

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I'm new to the photography thing and am looking for some suggestions on a good camera. Currently, I'm interested in the Canon T1i although it appears it doesn't have an external mic input (although I've seen a guide on how to add one). Other than that, it seems to have the best features and quality for the price. Video recording is a "requirement" which may limit my options at the ~$600 price range.

Thanks
 
Choices, choices. A Nikon user will tell you to go Nikon and a Canon user will tell you to go Canon.
For your price range I would compare both companies (Nikon/Canon) and see what will provide you with most bang for the buck. Also a big factor is the layout of the menu and how comfortable the camera is for the person, at the end they all do the same or very similar.

Personally I love the way higher end Canons fit in my overly large hands, but I can not stand the menu and controls so Nikon was the way for me, not to mention all my friends shoot Nikon for the same apparent reasons, so if I need to borrow a flash, lens or any other accessories I have a door to knock on.
 
Choices, choices. A Nikon user will tell you to go Nikon and a Canon user will tell you to go Canon.
For your price range I would compare both companies (Nikon/Canon) and see what will provide you with most bang for the buck. Also a big factor is the layout of the menu and how comfortable the camera is for the person, at the end they all do the same or very similar.

Good advice.

:thumbup:
 
Also while many balk at the concept, there's no reason not to also check out the Sony line of cameras.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom