Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for either a Word Press plug-in or stand-alone application to add to my website to provide a secure download area for clients. My current method of creating password-protected directories is proving cumbersome.

I've found many different WP plug-ins, but the main issue with most of them seems to be that they will only allow the posting of single files. One of my key requirements is that I be able to upload client galleries (created using Juice Box Pro) which are a folder with an html index page and several sub-folders with the images, etc. I have no problem paying for commercial software, I just need one that works for me.

I think PN are just rolling something like this out for subscribers, saw a post yesterday. Any use?

If I remember correctly, @sscarmack had a thread or post on a web client that he liked a couple years ago?

For some reason I read client contracts instead of galleries!! I use shootproof and you can upload a gallery into your website through them as well as having it password protected :) It is very similar to pixieset

Thanks James, Paige.. I'm going to check out both of those as it seems there is no WP plugin that will do quite what I want (and damnit, I'm too old and stubborn to change...).

Thanks!

Thanks James, Paige.. I'm going to check out both of those as it seems there is no WP plugin that will do quite what I want (and damnit, I'm too old and stubborn to change...).

Thanks!

You can also try Nextgen Gallery, which allows bulk upload to separate folders. I don't think it does allow bulk download, so that didn't work for me and I had to integrate PixieSet into my site. I still use Nextgen Gallery to display photos on my blog though.

Thanks!

You can also try Nextgen Gallery, which allows bulk upload to separate folders. I don't think it does allow bulk download, so that didn't work for me and I had to integrate PixieSet into my site. I still use Nextgen Gallery to display photos on my blog though.
I was using Nexgen for a while, but my hosting company made a change to something and it borked on me, and hasn't worked properly since.

Thanks Sean, I'll look in to that one!

It's a standalone product, not a Wordpress plugin or anything but it's all I use anymore.

I can have private galleries, I can have coupons with expiration dates, etc. You can set up a gallery where people have to subscribe to it in order to gain access. On the client said, they create an account and have full access to all their photos, you can either allow free downloading or you can put a price to download, etc.

Track all your clients payments, how much you made this month, who still owes what, etc.\

It really is a nice system and the creator is constantly making changes and improvements.

if you want a first hand look at it, we can do a screen share and I can show you everything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back