Looking for a film camera or a FED or medium format camera.

>Nikon N8008. I have always been a Nikon person, and this camera is unbeatable. It runs around $300, so it won't be a cheap purchase.

Nikon Autofocus Camera Bodies - KEH.com

15 years ago, a used N8008 might have run $300. Today: they are very cheap. I have an N8008s that "used to be" digital, and another one that still is. They cost a LOT when new.

You are looking at $40 for an N8008s, and another $45 for a kit zoom.

Nikon Autofocus Zoom Lenses - KEH.com

cheaper than the Fed camera. The Nikon N70 is also good, and even cheaper. Used to go for $500. $25 will get a body.

Nikon N8008s are definitely more than that.....right now, the cheapest bodies on ebay are going for $90+. These are bodies that are in great condition and are confirmed to work. There are bodies that go for around $30, but even these are just for parts, or come from sellers that can't guarantee the camera functions. My kit cost $300. It came with the body, 50mm lens,telephoto lens, bag, 10 rolls of B&W film, a flash, shutter release cable, extra back, filters, manuals, etc. A baseline camera would probably run around $100-$150 with a standard lens. Don't go for the sketchy cheap ones. The cheapest cameras usually come from ebay sellers that don't know much about camera functions, and can't guarantee the functionality of the camera.

@Pumpedupkicks- If you like the way the N8008 looks and operates, you will be able to use your current Nikon lens from your D5100. I have a modern Nikon lens that does fit on my N8008. The auto focus capabilities won't work, but you can still focus manually. In this case, if you want to save moey you could get a body for roughly $90, and just use your newer lens. I'm not currently selling anything, because like you, I'm expanding my collection. But my favorite places to go camera hunting are thrift shops and estate sales. Every so often I can find something really cool, and the best part is, these places take cash.

Last edited:
KEH gives full warranty and takes returns, has an in-house service department for their gear. They fixed a jammed Leica CL for me. N8008s in EX+ condition for under $60.

http://www.keh.com/camera/Nikon-Autofocus-Camera-Bodies/1/sku-NA020090314760?r=FE

Telephoto lenses and fast primes go for more than kit zooms.

Ebay is insane. I've bought a lot of gear at camera shows and dealers for a lot less than it goes for on Ebay. I prefer selling gear in classifieds in forums like this over using Ebay, even if it is for less money.

Of course I paid over $600 for my N8008. 20+ years ago. Traded it for a Nikon rangefinder a few years later. I got an N8008s to replace it a few years back. The N70 is also a nice/cheap camera, but uses CR123 batteries rather than easy to get AA. The N70 is amazingly quiet.
For anyone looking for classic film cameras- try KEH, local camera shows, Forum classified ads, etc. Ebay prices have gone nuts.

Last edited:
I have a Nikon 2000 you can have for free... It is in mint shape, it is just the body....get a cheap 50mm lens and you are good to go. I will even pay shipping .....send me a PM if you want it.

awe...got in on this one too late.
we have a N70 in EX shape sitting in the closet in its original box not doing jack $#@!...
was gonna offer it up, but Mully beat me to it.
good form Mully!

Thank you guys! and Pixmedic I need that if you want I am trying to get a lot of film cameras were A I can build my collection and B learn about different cameras and C I love nikon if you wanted to donate that I would be happy to have it cause it will be used trust me I love photography

Hi,
For your vintage camera collection you should get a canonet ql17 from canon. It's an amazing camera that takes very sharp pictures, it's a rangefinder and very good for low light photography, some people compare it at a Leica. I own one and love it.
If you need informations about photo history and vintage cameras check my website http://vintagecameraclub.com

Last edited:
Can't believe no one's suggested a Yashica Electro GSN or GTN. One of my favorite little cameras. I've found a few of these anywhere from $10-$65. I usually scoop them up and give them away as gifts to some of my buddies.

I've also bought a couple of Yashica MAT-124 TLRs for cheap

I suggest you check out your local craigslist, yard sales, swap meet, pawn shops, etc...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back