As far as medium format cameras go, any 120 camera will be fine. I have several older cameras that take 620 film, but a roll of 120 film can be sanded down on the ends to fit. It has worked fine for me on many occasions. I have a few kodak medium format cameras that take some great photos. My favorite is the Kodak Duaflex IV. It is a TLR that has a kodet lens. It takes some pretty awesome photos. I picked it up on
ebay for around $20. The only bad part is, unless you start to develop your own 120 film, you have to have it sent off for development. I recommend thedarkroom.com. They do a great job with all of my 120 film. If you are looking for something newer so you don't have to rig the film, both Holga and Diana make some nice 120 cameras if you are interested in the lomography look and feel. They will cost you around $40-$60 depending on what you are looking for. Below are photos of my Kodak Duaflex, and the results it produces. I would highly recommend this one. I checked
ebay, there are literally hundreds of these things floating around on the internet.
If you don't want to send off your film somewhere, you can always go with 35mm. A great beginning SLR is the Pentax K1000. These go for around $70-$100 on ebay. The price can be cheaper depending on condition. I would highly recommend the Pentax. Some argue it is one of the greatest cameras ever produced. This can be very true, seeing as it was produced for 21 years with very little changes in design. The K1000 is a serious "workhorse", and will never fail you. There are cheaper 35mm SLRs, but if you are really serious about film, you can't go wrong with the Pentax. I like the k1000, because it is tough, and doesn't take up a lot of space in my dorm room. Plus it is easy to take around campus and get some nice shots. My best 35mm camera is the Nikon N8008. I have always been a Nikon person, and this camera is unbeatable. It runs around $300, so it won't be a cheap purchase. On the good side, it is a solid camera that takes fantastic photos. I will include samples of that one as well. The black and white photo I posted was developed in my darkroom, and printed on my enlarger. Pretty good results. The N8008 is also nice for double exposures. Hope this helps. My favorite place to get cameras is ebay. Just make sure you find a good seller that guarantees the function of the camera.