Looking for a new backpack

GDHLEWIS

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hiya all,

I find myself in search of anew camera backback, my current Case Logic SLRC-206 has never been a big hit with me although have had it for 5 years now. I have found the straps not as padded or wide as I would like making it very uncomfortable on long walks when it is filled, and it doesnt have a rain cover (though this has never been an issue with this bag). The bag it's self is all good with the right amount of storage capacity for my needs, after 5 years there is definatly signs of fraying around the stiching and other such normal use wear and tear.
What bags are people using these days? I am looking for one that had wide and well padded shoulder straps, waist band would be nice for when on longer walks, hold at least 1 camera, 3 lenses and an assortment of filters, holders and other bits and peices, be either weather proof or come with a rain cover. Ideally Id like the camera stored on the top as with my old case logic but am open on that one.
Would love some ideas current looking at he Lowepro flipside 400 AWII but something about it does not sit with me (dont ask just not sure aout it). Ill be ordering online as I have no access to a decent camera shop in Qatar (where I live) so peoples opionions and ideas are a big value.

Thanks

Check out the Mindshift Backlight 18L

Extremely good construction quality. I owned the 36L version and loved it. Super comfortable for hiking. Very customizable.

The only real downside is the price.

Extremely good construction quality. I owned the 36L version and loved it. Super comfortable for hiking. Very customizable.

Cheers I was only just looking at the 18L variation of that an hour ago.

Cheers I was only just looking at the 18L variation of that an hour ago.

I only sold my 36L because it was too big for my new mirrorless setup. I’m planning to buy the 18L eventually because it’s smaller and better suited to my needs.

I have it worked down to the Lowepro Whisler 350 AWII & the Think Tank / Mindshift Backlight 18L....unless that is something else comes up lol. Bit more reasurch needed I suppose, how is the weather proofing on the Backlight?

Any one got any experiance with the Lowepro Whistler series bags?

I had been using a Pelican backpack for a long time, but it has been over flowing. While it is a great bag the shoulder straps do leave a bit to be desired.

I have been searching for the mythical "perfect" pack for about a month. After reading reviews and watching every Youtube video I could find on different bags I ended up with an Alta 51, High Quality Camera Bags, DSLR Camera Bag, Photo Bags | Vanguard World US, Category: Backpacks & Slings

The bag has a great overall layout and build. The straps and padding have been great on the few times I have carried it, and I have it full. I have 50mm, 85mm, 24-70mm, 70-200 on the D850, and my 150-600mm in the bag. I also have a Mavic 2 pro, controller, 2 spare batteries and the chargers. I have my flashpoint speed light and controller (thanks Destin), spare batteries, cleaning kit, ect in there also.

Most reactions

Back