looking for a recommendation for shooting mode today.

What's wrong with manual mode?

On a film camera, that means setting two things only. Aperture and shutter speed.

The ISO is set from the start depending on the film you are using. Just don't forget to set it...

But then you only have to deal with a combination of two things. Aperture and Shutter Speed.

And to be honest, the sooner you understand those two, the better off you both will be.

Try it.

naptime said:
that's what i was asking silly.

on our camera:
av is aperture priority
tv is shutter priority

not sure which we should use. or is each going to have it's time and place ?

wait.. i think im getting it....

if we are shooting still buildings, no need for shutter speed control because its daytime and the building isnt moving. but we could use av mode and control the depth of field. right?

alternatively if we are shooting something with movement or action, we would shoot in tv to be able to control if we want to see movement or stop it. right?

omg, this reading might be sinking in...

unless everything i just said is wrong. :lol:

I don't think it's sinkin in at all! It's all wrong!!!! Roflmao! Jk! You def r understanding things :) cant wait to see yals pics! :)

What's wrong with manual mode?

On a film camera, that means setting two things only. Aperture and shutter speed.

The ISO is set from the start depending on the film you are using. Just don't forget to set it...

But then you only have to deal with a combination of two things. Aperture and Shutter Speed.

And to be honest, the sooner you understand those two, the better off you both will be.

Try it.

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

i was of the impression that i had to set the iso as well, somehow overriding what film was actually in there.

my camera does in fact set the iso when the film loads. unless it's not (dx?) coded, then i have to set it.. iirc.

i thought it manual we still had to set film speed, shutter speed, and aperture.

thanks !!

You can set the ISO to whatever you want (within reason).. and then have the film processed to that ISO, but it can be problematic at times. Used to come in handy though, back in the old days.

I AM OFFICIALLY POSTING ANOTHER QUESTION IN THIS THREAD..

cpl filter.... i understand what it does for clouds and blue skies... today it's dreary and grey skies with hints of white here and there. no blue what so ever. and we are shooting in black and white.

is it pointless to bother with a cpl?

I AM OFFICIALLY LEAVING TO GO PICK UP THE SEEDLING NOW AND HEAD DOWNTOWN FOR A DAY OF CLICK CLICK CLICKING.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back