looking for decent AF camera on budget

sureshot101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody
I wont lie iam a newbie but I have been into film photography for a while. I have only Canon rebel xs with 50mm f/1.8 but I need slight upgrade of current equipment. My budget is less than 100$ and want to try something different than Canon . A decent inexpensive film camera essentially with AF. Iam confused between point and shoot , another SLR or rangefinder with AF. Any recommendations will be much appreciated since I feel totally lost
Thanks

"Point-and-Shoot" cameras use one lens only, and it stays on. SLR's use interchangeable lenses, and you can own more than one if they all fit. A rangefinder may or may not be able to use different lenses, depending on make and model.

Keep looking on e-bay for used film cameras with at least one lens. If it does auto focus, the ad should say so.

Thank you for all respones
How about these :

Yashica 200-AF

Yashica 230-AF

Minolta Maxxum 7000

Minolta dynax 5

Pentax mz series

Or Ricoh FF series

Are these models any good/ upgrade of my canon camera? Or I shouldn't bother

Thank you for all respones
How about these :

Yashica 200-AF

Yashica 230-AF

Minolta Maxxum 7000

Minolta dynax 5

Pentax mz series

Or Ricoh FF series

Are these models any good/ upgrade of my canon camera? Or I shouldn't bother
Find what webstang said, that way you can use your existing 50. KEH always has them. Most of them will be sticky feeling. Everyone I have seen was. A 90+percent isopropyl solution from the drug store will take care of that. That's what I'd do.

The dynax will be an upgrade, possibly the maxxum 7000 too, I've got a dynax 9000 sat on the top of the wardrobe which was a great camera at the time (95) and had excellent glass till I loaned it to my daughter, it came back less the glass and without body cap. The only problem with minolta was they liked fiddly little buttons for functions which is why I went with Nikon afterwards.

Why is that only few people is recommending EOS film camera? It's my general observation across the internet.

I have zero experience with Canon, so I can only suggest the various Nikons I have used personally.

Im sure the Canons are just as great though

Why is that only few people is recommending EOS film camera? It's my general observation across the internet.

From working in camera stores all my life there are Nikon people and there are Canon people. There just so happens to be more Nikon people than Canon.
I went with a Canon EOS A2E back in the mid-90's (still use it) mainly because it was just as good as the Nikon but a lot cheaper (and had the nifty eye control focus).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back