Looking for feedback on some light painting photos

JNE_Photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, I'm still new here, so forgive me if this post should be elsewhere.

I recently took some photos at the NC State Fair and was hoping to get some feedback. I've posted my favorite below. You can find a link to a few more here: NC State Fair 2012 - a set on Flickr.

EDIT: Please note these photos shouldn't be labeled as light painting photos, as pointed out below.

_MG_2085.jpg by JNE_Photos, on Flickr

Thanks ahead of time and I look forward to being an active part of this online community.
Josh

Last edited:
Don't think your photo is actually light painting, but a long exposure at night. Light painting is just that - painting a subject with a light such as a flashlight or such. In darkness the subject is exposed to light from the flashlight, painting it with light.

Don't think your photo is actually light painting, but a long exposure at night. Light painting is just that - painting a subject with a light such as a flashlight or such. In darkness the subject is exposed to light from the flashlight, painting it with light.

Okay, I see what you're saying now. My mistake. Thanks for clarifying. Any thoughts on the long exposure photo?

That isn't light painting, BUT is certainly a very well composed long exposure. Good job. I look forward to seeing more of your photos. Keep shootin'.
Oh, and Welcome to TPF.

Thanks to everyone for offering feedback and welcoming me to the forum.

@Frequency, my avatar is a photo of my youngest child, Jacob....total hipster baby. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back