What's new

Looking for input! Lots of pics (by set)

Msteelio91

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
435
Location
Washington, DC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new here, and want to get "caught up". I have some older shots (not really that old) I'd like some input/CC on if anyone's in the mood. Otherwise, just enjoy the pictures :)

Please keep in mind I'm working with limited hardware: I have a Nikon D7000 and the 18-105 kit lens it came with (Nikkor 18-105 3.5). No other lenses yet :(

EDIT: Revamped the post by request :cheers:

Iceland
:
#1


#2


#3


#4- I'm posting this one because I'd like to know if there is something I could have done to keep from losing the detail of the steam/water against the gray sky. It was a difficult mix and i didn't really have any other backgrounds to work with.



DC Arboretum in the fall:
#5


#6


#7



Thanks for looking!
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums. You really can't ask for input on hundreds of images...not to mention that you're asking the viewer to go off-site to view them. Post 3-5 of your favorites of a set into a new post and be patient. No need to flood the forum with 20 threads, ok?
 
Welcome to the forums.

I'll check out some of your stuff on Flickr when I am not blocked at work.
 
Welcome to the Forums. You really can't ask for input on hundreds of images...not to mention that you're asking the viewer to go off-site to view them. Post 3-5 of your favorites of a set into a new post and be patient. No need to flood the forum with 20 threads, ok?

It's less than 180 total, each set is quite small. Flooding the forum is what I was trying to avoid, which is why I only posted two threads :)

If you want to look, feel free to pop them open in a new tab and browse real quick. I used the links for the main page so you can just scroll through. If not, that's cool too!

I like looking at whole sets, since my favorites may very well not be someone else's favorites.
 
...It's less than 180 total, each set is quite small.
Given that it takes at least 1-2 minutes/image to provide effective C&C, that would be ~6 hours of a person's time you're asking for. Posting links to the collections is fine, but if you want C&C, as Trever indicated, post 1-4 of the images you're interested in getting feedback on and go from there.
 
...It's less than 180 total, each set is quite small.
Given that it takes at least 1-2 minutes/image to provide effective C&C, that would be ~6 hours of a person's time you're asking for. Posting links to the collections is fine, but if you want C&C, as Trever indicated, post 1-4 of the images you're interested in getting feedback on and go from there.

Don't worry, Steelio-I learned this the hard way too. I'd say if you want effective C&C, post a single image-that's what seems to get the most feedback. But like Tirediron suggests, I'd say max of four somehow related images, otherwise it gets a bit more difficult to effectively pick apart each image without being distracted by the others.
 
Revamping this post for you
 
Matt, welcome to the forum. I clicked on your links to flickr and had a general look. There are a mix of some good, some okay and a some that didn't really do anything to me. All in all, not too bad.

As the others have suggested, starting with 1-4 pictures on here for c&c will help a lot. I know that it has helped me to become much better than when I started.
 
Matt, welcome to the forum. I clicked on your links to flickr and had a general look. There are a mix of some good, some okay and a some that didn't really do anything to me. All in all, not too bad.

As the others have suggested, starting with 1-4 pictures on here for c&c will help a lot. I know that it has helped me to become much better than when I started.

Thanks! I just got rid of the lot and posted a few
 
...It's less than 180 total, each set is quite small.
Given that it takes at least 1-2 minutes/image to provide effective C&C, that would be ~6 hours of a person's time you're asking for. Posting links to the collections is fine, but if you want C&C, as Trever indicated, post 1-4 of the images you're interested in getting feedback on and go from there.

Give the guy a break. No one asked you to comment every single photo. If you feel compelled to respond to photo because it is wonderful/horrible, write a comment, if not, why waste your time writing something that is of no benefit to anyone?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom