Looking for natural fisheye

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today's assignment 1 of 2. Find a reflection to simulate a fisheye or Ultra wide angle without using one. I am into reflections so the challenge is natural. John Hedgecoe.

1. Wait a minute, I have lost weight.
2017_0810_12105300-01.jpeg

2. I look like I'm drinking but have not
2017_0810_12093500-01.jpeg

3.Me
2017_0810_12071000-02.jpeg

Last edited:
I like 'Me' best. So, why B&W? I would think color would add quite a bit of content.

Cause the porcelain was blue, they looked like cyanotypes, that my next project, not this one. Lol

Correction, my current and ongoing project. Been at it for 3 weeks.

2017_0810_12071000-03.jpeg

Last edited:
I prefer the second shot to the others. Normally, I would expect color to add information, but in the case of the blue--the color does not help. This is part of the reason I've been recommending the John Hedgeco photography books for so long: they are simply filled with good photography improvement/exploration/experimentation assignments and exercises!

After seeing your subway (?) reflections in mirrors, I shot a mother and child mirror shot last weekend in the small, old town of Astoria, Oregon.

I prefer the second shot to the others. Normally, I would expect color to add information, but in the case of the blue--the color does not help. This is part of the reason I've been recommending the John Hedgeco photography books for so long: they are simply filled with good photography improvement/exploration/experimentation assignments and exercises!

After seeing your subway (?) reflections in mirrors, I shot a mother and child mirror shot last weekend in the small, old town of Astoria, Oregon.

Thanks Derrel. Glad I inspired you.

You could always do a pano and stitch the frames, then you wouldn't have to deal with the fisheye distortion.

You could always do a pano and stitch the frames, then you wouldn't have to deal with the fisheye distortion.

Even though this is an old thread, I love your shots JC.

Most reactions

Back