What's new

Looking for nikon d5100 accessories

ramseagle

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I just got a nikon d5100 and was looking for different accessories for it lens, bags, flashes, etc
 
What is your question? If you are asking for a recommendation, I'd get a bag big enough for whatever you plan to purchase for accessories.

What lens do you already have? Kit lens (18-55)? What do you plan to photograph down the road?

For flash, a typical flash would be the SB-700, but again.. without knowing what you want to photograph it's hard to guess. A SB-700 is still good to have in your bag.

I'd pick up a good UV Lens (it will protect your lens from scratched, dust, prints). I would also pick up a good polarizing lens.

A microfiber cloth for cleaning the lenLCD and lcd screen is good to have.

I'd invest in at least one extra battery and a spare SD card.

And just as important, a good book or two on digital SLR photography and exposure.

That will get you started.

Edit: I just realized this was in the Buy & Sell forums.. So, what are you looking for? What do you already have?
 
I just have the basic 18-55 lens

The Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G AF-S would be a pretty good lens to compliment your 18-55 for under $200.
If you have more cash to spare, I'd get a Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G AF-S for a bit more zoom (if you need some zoom) for about $400.

The Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S is a good prime lens.
 
Looking to see if anyone selling a The Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G AF-S
 
Looking to see if anyone selling a The Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G AF-S

Just a tip, Nikon sells refurbished lenses on their website. I just picked up a Nikon AF-S 55-200mm VR f/4-5.6 for $150 from them. 90 day warranty and practically brand new. People ask that much for their 2 year old used beat to crap lens. I was in the market for a used one until I found the site and no one would go below $150.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom