Looking for some opinions

joeybagz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm off to paris this coming wednesday with the wife for her birthday. We are going to disney and tour the city. We planned the trip some time ago and in anticipation i bought a new camera. I wanted something small and light with good features, so i picked up a Sony Nex-5n. I got it with the kit lens and ordered some legacy lenses from KEH. I have been using all of the lenses and getting accustomed to the controls.

So heres my dilemma, I am purposely traveling light, its only 5 days. So I'm trying to decide which lenses to take with me. I originally planed on only carrying a small bag with me to carry my ipad, camera, 2 lenses and extra battery. The lenses I wanted to bring were the kit lens and my 50/1.8. My 28-90/2.8 is on the heavy side and so is my 75-210/3.5-4.5. Yet I'm second guessing my choices and I don't want to carry everything with me, the wife is adamant about not taking forever to setup my shots and zoom in and out (she thinks i love using zoom :lol:), she wasn't going to wait for me to change lenses.... lol she wants snap shots....lol. So with that in my mind I don't know anymore what i should take with me. So what are your opinions?

Last edited:
I would take as much as I could, but if I had to choose it would be 18-55mm. If you are going to visit Disney and tour the city I think wide angle-short telephoto lens is your best bet.

Thanks Nedz, the 18-55 was one of the lenses i had originally wanted to bring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back