Looking for suggestions on a mid-range DSLR for studio photography

If we're going to talk about flash sync, than flash duration can also be important. Not all lights are made the same 0_o

Incidentally there are canon people, nikon people and so on. Do you find one brand is definitely better than the other in terms of DSLR?
I shoot Canon because buying one of every brand was impractical and, at some point, I had to make a decision. Don't get too wrapped around the gear. Remember that the MOST important factor that influences the outcome is YOU and your skill. Lighting comes in 2nd place. Glass quality is in third place, and the body finishes dead last.Sure, a marginal quality body can hold you back. But no midrange camera qualifies as a marginal body.As "Roger" from LensRentals says, there are "photographers", "gear heads" and "fan boys". I confess to being a bit of a gear head from time to time -- I check specs and I do love cool gear. But in the end, it's really about the photographic result. You've seen published results from great photographers shooting all brands ... clearly it's not all about the brand.Canon and Nikon certainly offer the richest selection of equipment and enjoy the best 3rd party support. When you buy a DSLR you are really buying a camera "system" so having options (even if you aren't buying them today) is a good idea. But the Nikon vs. Canon debate is not unlike the Ford vs. Chevy or Coke vs. Pepsi debate. Remain focused on technique and you'll get good results.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We are going to check out the 5D Mk1. Next thing is to move purchasing a couple of basic lights.

Most reactions

Back