Looking for thread and post from Amolitor....

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Awhile back, Amolitor called out Guiness Man for his thread full of photos of women because it appeared that Guiness had used a background image that was not his. This was confirmed by Amolitor who found the background image by posting the actual photograph in a Google search somehow. I can't remember how he did that though.

I don't so much need that thread, but I would like somebody to refresh my memory as to how you do a search for a specific photograph on the internet by using an existing photograph.

Can somebody please flush out the details on this for me?

Thanks.

I think what I'm looking for is images.google.com

Drag and drop the image right in the search box on google image search.

Did it work for what you needed?

You guys aren't all looking for images of Yuri like Casiocasio are you? :meh:
:lmao:

Did it work for what you needed?

I think so. A couple of weeks ago, I posted a photograph on Flickr and then reposted it on the Strobist Group website within Flickr. I had a few people comment on it, but then I got an email from Flickr that says some group liked it and had added it to their gallery. I am not really familiar with that but it got me to thinking that maybe it was being used for other purposes so I wanted to try a search of the image to see if I could find it online.

I did the search and nothing came back, but I'm not 100% sure the search went as planned because I'm certain there have to be other images like this on the internet, but nothing closely resembled mine...

Does that make any sense?

That makes sense. I wonder why nothing came back. I searched by avatar to check before replying. I wonder if it plays nicely with flikr. Off to check.

Nope, no results from flickr on anything I've tried.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back