looking through

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
when I took this I really did like the idea.. now I hate it, it looks terrible, doesn't it?

got several versions of this, horizontal, off centre, diagonal ... is it the colours which wreck the image?

maybe this belongs to tzhe rant section, or to snapshots and bloopers ... and not here ...

_MG_7814.jpg

Ill give it a shot...what if the image that you see in focus was a whole subject rather than a part of it? I think the color is needed.

If there was a real subject in there, like a bird on the tree, than it would be good.

I would have thrown it back.

well, was trying to create an abstract image (no bird needed then), but it does not work as such ... at least that is my impression

I think the glass thing is distracting, but good concept.

Shall I move it to the bloopers then, Alex? :scratch:

well, was trying to create an abstract image (no bird needed then), but it does not work as such ... at least that is my impression

perhaps a flap horizon but upside down then?

I just wish I could see more detail where the glass was broken.

My take, when doing the "frame a subject with an out-of-focus frame" thing, the frame needs to be on the borders of the picture, not taking up most of the picture. My eyes are distracted by the "frame" and try to focus on it, almost leaving the center "subject" unnoticed. In other words, it hurts my eyes.

maybe this would be a typical "get the frame in focus" image? with the leaves blurred? I also have uncentred versions of this, but in all cases the glass is not in focus ...

Shall I move it to the bloopers then, Alex? :scratch:

you could, but then again many images in the critique section could go there .. and many of mine anyway ;)

thanks for spending some brain on it anyway guys :)

maybe this would be a typical "get the frame in focus" image? with the leaves blurred? I also have uncentred versions of this, but in all cases the glass is not in focus ...

that might have worked, and it would certainly leave you wondering what is in the background.

Alex my good friend.

Please do not take this personal, but some of the best shots I ever took, make the absolute worst photographs anyone ever saw. I think you have another classic here. No offense intended.

honesty totally appreciated! Even though you padded it with some shock absorbing words ;)

I know that this is not a great shot, and if I myself was happy with it, I would not have posted it here ;) ... so I was expecting someone to tell me the truth at some point ;)

So we all agree that this image cannot be saved and will end where it belongs :p (in my archive which is full of failures anyway ;) )

Most reactions

Back