looking to move UP in cameras! LOOK!!

dukeboy1977

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What I have now, is a like new Nikon D40 with 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses in awesome condition! I have the original box and paperwork somewhere, just let me find it...It's got a "armour" shell for the camera, though it was only used for about 2 months. The lens caps and everything are included and just like new, even the Nikon strap. I'll throw in a ( bag included) Digital Concepts High Definition 0.45x wide angle lens w/ macro attachment, w/ lens cover, which screws onto the end of a lens and enhances it. I have only a phone camera to photo it and will do so later on today, I just wanna know if there is interest in this camera...I'm looking for $700 OBO shipped USPS priority within continental US. Offers can be made to [email protected] and I will let you know if I accept it or reject it asap. My EBAY name is Yamahariderr6 if you'd like to check up on me and my sales reputation. I'm also Dukeboy1977 on AZBilliards.com if you want to check up on me there also, I'm very honest and a quick shipper!

I figured my price was out of line, but nobody made even a low-ball offer so I don't feel there's any interest in my basic SLR camera. I was hoping someone was going to say they weren't going to pay MY price, but they WOULD offer $xxx so I'm not going to waste my time taking pics or anything. Someone just missed out on a very good condition Nikon D40 that's probably just going to sit...OH WELL, your loss! This "offer" is off-the-table since only jokes are wanted to be made, & no honest offers...

Hey dude. Nobody is trying to hate but your price is way to high. I picked up this same exact kit but the lenses were VR lenses. and I paid 425 for it. So yes 700 is freakishly high. I doubt I could get 700 for my d80 kit gripped with 3 lenses.

I would say you might get 450 if you are lucky.

Body only on ebay is around 250-300

For reference, I recently sold (locally) a D40 with the kit 18-55 and a UV filter for $400. Everything that came with it new was included and it was like-new condition. The 55-200 VR can be had for less than $200. I understand setting your price high in anticipation of being low-balled, but $700 is much too high.

I don't think it's anyone's loss but your own if you decide to hold on to it rather than make a few hundred. The way I would look at this, if I were in the market for a D40, is that with pricing it that high, you wouldn't even accept what would really be a reasonable offer for the camera because it would be lowballing too much. Good luck with the sale, if you still plan to sell it.

A REASONABLE offer would be considered...Anyone out there in the market for a Nikon D40 in almost new condition? 2 lenses, 3 if you count the attachment, the Nikon strap, lens caps, Body Armour, original book, I think I even have the box somewhere...I just moved into my house so I'm still rooting through boxes for items! Offers can either be made here or my email. Thanks, Jeff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back