Looking to purchase lens - need advice

bjmacphe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. I own an Olympus Pen E-PL1 and am looking to get a prime lens with a short depth of field (I know there are many factors that attribute to this). I was wanting something around f/1.8.

I like the idea of this one: Canon 50 mm f/1.8 because it's VERY affordable. I only take pictures for my family for fun so I'm not wanting to drop more than $120 on a lens. Obviously this one won't fit my camera so I need something similar.

Also, I own this adapter:

Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Olympus OM Zuiko Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 (Four Thirds) System Camera Mount Adapter, for Olympus Pen E-PL1, E-P2, Panasonic

So that broadens my options a bit. I'm not opposed to getting a different adapter, but I really want to stay under my $120 budget. I'm ok with buying used, I'm just not sure where to start.

And I'd prefer manual focus.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I have no idea about your brand of setup, but the niffty 50 is a great addition to anyones setup. I love mine, although I do not use it as much as I would like to.

I hope you can find something that will work for you. Maybe someone with your same brand will provide some help.

Sorry I could not give more help.

Any 35mm or 50mm 1.8 or lower is a great addition to any camera. I love my 50mm 1.8 but have you done any searches for Olympus 50mm lenses?

Best would be to take it to a shop and see what options you got.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back