Looking to upgrade...help needed...

Fuji are apparently about to release a CSC and it looks pretty tasty.

hydkaran420 said:
I think the Sony hx100v would be a good camera for all your needs i.e. taking camera to gigs, instant zoom 30x optical, ease of use and partial manual mode if u r in need.

Remember Buying a dslr doesn't get you good photos. If you understand the concepts of photography you can do miracles even with a mobile phones camera.

Its my .00002p. Ymmv.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

hydkaran420 said:
I think the Sony hx100v would be a good camera for all your needs i.e. taking camera to gigs, instant zoom 30x optical, ease of use and partial manual mode if u r in need.

Remember Buying a dslr doesn't get you good photos. If you understand the concepts of photography you can do miracles even with a mobile phones camera.

Its my .00002p. Ymmv.

thanks for the replies.

yeah, sorry i did mean the t3i, i forgot the 600d as i know it has a different name in the states, and like MLeeK said, i also have no idea why they have to do that, surely one name would have been enough.

i could probably get away with a higher end compact like the s95 or even a bridge,...maybe, but i like the idea of interchangeable lenses, as chances are i'll get into photography and regret not just getting either a dslr or mirrorless in the first place. plus i would rather get the right body now, that have to spend more money in the future on a body which i could have put towards more lenses in the first place.

GnipGnop - couldn't tell you the last time i went to a gig with seats, i only ever do standing, and i'm way too lazy to push and shove my way to the front to have elbows in my face for 3 hours haha.

as for experience, i have pretty much none, but, i am willing to learn, and i want to learn, i get that half the battle of getting a good picture is the person behind the camera, but that's where practice comes in.

i'm still torn between the two, the smaller lighter sony, but like many have said, it has a limited range of lenses..or the bigger and weightier, although more proven canon with more lenses etc.

as for the kit lens not seeing very far, for want of a better phrase, i don't think it'd be that much of an issue yet, as i'll still be learning for a while before i can afford another lens anyway.

i'm going into Jessops tomorrow (main camera chain store over here, not sure it exists anywhere else) and i'm gonna try and spend some quality time with some cameras, try and make a decision, it needs to be made pretty soon, as part of it is being paid as a birthday present in less than 2 weeks, but i also don't want to rush ito buying something i'll regret.

i know mirrorless won't ever take over the high end pro dslr, not in our lifetime anyway, but, do you think they could come level, or even overtake the entry level dslr, if they have the same or bigger sensor, same for megapixels, built in viewfinders, whether they be high end EVF or optical, use the same range of lenses in whichever brand you go with, only in a smaller package, why wouldn't you. could be why canon haven't gone with the interchangeable route csc with the G1X, as it may diminish the point of having entry level dslr's. many may/will probably disagree with that, it's just a thought.

Most reactions

Back