Looking up

srobb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myutmostphoto.poijoy.com
Just wanted to get some c&c on this shot. I am hoping to use this as a featured print next month at a festival. This was shot with my Canon EOS Rebel GII, with a 35-80 lens and shot on Kodak Pro 400 b&w film.

164256-R1-04-5A.jpg

It probably lost something in the scanning process...but it seems to be lacking. It needs more contrast, it seems king of muddy.

I like that the trunk is making a diagonal line...but I'm just not seeing a strong focal point. There is no interest to hold my eye.

I agree with Mike, I don't feel that strong feeling of dimension and depth that I should feel in this type of photo.

I would agree that this image needs more depth. And I think you could achieve that affect by lighten/blur layer to the foliage but leaving the trunk as is. I could show you what I mean if your open to having your image edited.

Remi M. said:
I would agree that this image needs more depth. And I think you could achieve that affect by lighten/blur layer to the foliage but leaving the trunk as is. I could show you what I mean if your open to having your image edited.

Guess, that is something I forgot. I have no problem with some editing help. I just recently got a copy of PS 7 and still have little idea of what I am doing in there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back