Looks like I'll be the guinea pig for the Meike MK-910

since no one else has replied ..... You'll have to set the flash to REMOTE then on your d7100 you have to popup the builtin flash as it is the transmitter to have the other flash to flash. then you can use your commander to vary light output. At least that is what I recall with my d7000. I went quickly to my SU-800 (within a week) or getting my first flash. But with what you want to do with it (assuming you mean birds in the wild versus inhome in a cage) ... you'll have to jump to a good brand Radio Flash transmitter like the Yungnuo 622N or Pocketwizard .. of which I have neither. I'm still using just my SU-800 which is an IR transmitter not RF

The flash gets set to --

However, that's if it's CLS compatible IIRC

Seems the flash works perfect once I had it set to the right channel. I could manually control output through the commander, ttl seems to work correctly also. Cool stuff maybe I'll become a stobist :)

Seems the flash works perfect once I had it set to the right channel. I could manually control output through the commander, ttl seems to work correctly also. Cool stuff maybe I'll become a stobist :)

Oh yeah, the Channel and Group has to be set correctly between the camera and flash.
Those 2 things cost me hours and hours of frustration when I was first trying this with a SB-600 which also has the worst menu ever.

Any more input on this now you have had it a while?

Any more input on this now you have had it a while?
Not that I'm a real flash guy or anything, but I love the flash. It works awesome off camera in commander mode. I still haven't made up my mind about beamer/harbor digital so I have just been experimenting with it. My cat hates it :) but boy is he sharp when he is lit up with some bounce.

Your cat has to take the hit for your art. That's just pecking order. Thanks for input

I've got this flash now but haven't got to play with it too much yet.

I can tell you HSS works well with the Yongnuo 622n triggers. I still need to experiment with the flash on camera acting as Commander to my off camera SB600

Just bought that flash and shot a wedding last week-end with it.
It worked really well, but ate up the batteries so much faster than my sb600, I was not expecting that.
Worked well as commander.
I still haven't found how to remove that horrible sound it makes when the flash is ready.

If someone knows please share your knowledge!

Just bought that flash and shot a wedding last week-end with it.
It worked really well, but ate up the batteries so much faster than my sb600, I was not expecting that.
Worked well as commander.
I still haven't found how to remove that horrible sound it makes when the flash is ready.

If someone knows please share your knowledge!

Yes, this thing is a battery hog, big time. I've had to order more batteries, my plain eneloops just aren't cutting anymore.

As for the beep, I got it off but cannot fully remember how. I think the Center button is the menu button and has the beep option in it.

Hi, can someone tell me how to remove the beep sound ?

Hi, can someone tell me how to remove the beep sound ?

Off the top of my head, I believe you press and hold the button in the center of the spin wheel for the menu options, you will find it in there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back