Loon doing that flappy thing

Love them! My only wish is for more, the whole bird, I want to see more of that delicious reflection from the water on the underside of his wings, otherwise I love everything else about it :) I can' almost hear them call.

Nice but to tight

Beautifully done. And here I thought it was going to be a selfie.

Nice but to tight

I wanted a closer shot to get better details. Also I was working with a prime so I had to work with the space.

I personally like the tight crop. I really like #1. It really makes you focus on the eye, but of course just my humble opinion.. To me, just a nit pick, the background bird is a little distracting...

I personally like the tight crop. I really like #1. It really makes you focus on the eye, but of course just my humble opinion.. To me, just a nit pick, the background bird is a little distracting...

Thanks. I too like the tighter cropping for birds because it give the face much more attention. Trying to get the full wing span of an eagle in frame makes the face super tiny.

As for the background loon, well lets chalk it up as a photobomb. :D

These are lovely shots. I don't mind the tight crops but I would suggest having the bird looking into the frame rather than out. Less space behind the head and more in front. The last shot is nice too but more space in front of the bird might be nice. I wish I could get this close, when visiting PA a few months back I saw them but they were way out in the middle of the lakes.

Most reactions

Back