Lost Parts.. darn it..

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You guys ever lose stuff while out photographing?

I was at Anime Expo here in L.A. this past weekend. I took my d200 w/Tamron 17-50 and my Leica M6. There were times when the crowds were pretty thick, which made it necessary to squeeze through people at times. At one point near the end of the 1st night, I swung my d200 off my shoulder to shoot a pic (leica was on my chest) and noticed the hood was gone! Dang.. It must've gotten knocked off at some point while walking from one end of the convention center to the other, so the chances of finding it were pretty slim, although I did walk around the immediate area with no luck.

Then a little later, I look at the back of my M6 and notice the little cap that goes into the flash port is gone! Double Dang!

Oh well, I figure that's part of the price of actually using your equipment...so anybody got a spare tamron hood?

some pics if you're interested Anime Expo 2009 - a set on Flickr

I loose caps... lots of them. They also get in my way when I switch lenses. My solution was to forget them. I haven't used caps (front or rear) for years now... I use pouches and or a camera bag with a separate compartments for each lens. Caps stay at home.

My Canon 1DmarkII just lost its 20th or so rubber eye piece. I keep loosing that darn thing when it catches on my belt as I have it slung over my shoulder. I pretty much have given up on that part as well.

I don't even remember when my M6 lost its rubber cap on that flash port. Did it ever have one?

I've forgotten a bean bag or two as well. I use them to support the camera, then something catches my attention and I go off to shoot forgetting to pack the bean bag.

I've never lost a hood, but I am horrible with lens caps. Since 3 of my 5 lenses use 77mm, I keep a few extra in the drawer.

And those tiny, little screw on caps for the 10-pin remote and the PC sync.....I have NO freakin' clue how I have managed to hang onto those. I don't know how many times I have used the remote, put the little cap in my shirt pocket, and my wife hands it to me a few days later....found in the washer or dryer.

I don't think I've ever actually lost anything.

I'm the kind of person that has a place for everything, and always puts everything in it's place though. (usually)

I did almost loose a spare battery once though. I dumped out my whole bag before I remembered that it was in my vest.

Actually, I take that back. I lost a roll of film somewhere.
I shot a roll of film and it disappeared before I could get it developed. No idea what happened to it.
It had Pulitzer winning pictures on it too, lol. (After finishing the roll, I thought "Man, these are going to be awesome!")

I purchased spare lens caps in bulk, I am THAT bad. Nearly every photo meet I lose one. Lost 2 on a mountain. One is swimming in the Brisbane river. One is laying on a train track somewhere, and I haven't a clue where 2 others went. :(

Oh and the diffuser for my SB-800 is laying somewhere in Vancouver...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back